Sunday, February 3, 2008

The wonders of grease......

It may come as a bit of a surprise to many of you out there, that despite my fitness regimen of an hour of bike riding a day and regular visits to the local gym, that I have an unfortunate penchant for really, really quite unhealthy food. I couldn't begin to count the number of times someone has said to me "Bloody Maccas, I would never eat that shit if my life depended on it," and secretly inside I'm saying to myself, "Geez, I could really go a Big Mac right about now....with fries and a big bloody chocolate thick shake.....yeah." And then I justify it by saying to myself, "Well, it's only 2 all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onion on a sesame seed bun, that doesn't sound all THAT unhealthy does it?" And I guess it isn't. Seen that movie "SuperSize Me" where he interviews that stick thin guy who eats like 10 big macs a day? The secret to that was that he never ate the fries.

I tucked into a yellow beige concoction put together by my local fish and chip shop last night. As a society we have been doing this for decades, I remember as a kid going up to the local fish and chip shop and standing around in the cold with 20 other people on a Friday night. Some things change, some things stay the same........except that there might be more mercury in the fish these days. Noice.

1 comments:

Dreamer said...

Hey Steve,
Your blogs are really very entertaining. You should have been a writer.

.....Seriously