Thursday, June 12, 2008

Biggest Loser?? Bring it ON!

As most people who are now grown adults, I am well aware of which foods do not agree with me. Unlike those kids out there with Peanut allergies who seem to make a bee-line straight for the "condiment" aisle at the supermarket and cheat death by playing with the Peanut Butter jars. Luckily my allergies aren't that severe....dairy, or should I say, EXCESS dairy is a real no no, swigging down a gallon of full cream milk is one sure way to empty me out and avocados burn my mouth to the point of blistering.

However, something I have eaten this week has definitely not agreed with me. And my stomach had not been very kind in letting me know such matters. For a grand total of 3 days my metabolism has been fueled solely by Salada crackers...yes, Man Size, Snack Size AND Bite Size! As these are the only food items that my stomach has been willing to pass. Everything else that I have tried has ended up in the bottom of the toilet bowl half an hour later. Not nice.

However, one must look at positives in these situations and mine is that I have suddenly found myself pulling my belt in a notch and being lighter in the order of 3.5kg. Nothing like a good case of gastro to empty one out. Suffice to say that I now have 3 days of calories to make up and bring my blood sugar levels up to somewhere near normal again.

Did someone say Big Mac??

0 comments: