Monday, June 16, 2008

Complaint letters

I love writing complaint letters. There is nothing like the feeling of venting pure frustration at faceless organisations who control our lives. My latest gripe has been towards Optus Mobile. with my letter of complain being thus:

____________________________________________________________________

My story....

I recently updated my phone when I had three months left on my contract because my phone was unreliable. I was more than happy to pay out the $27 to obtain a new phone, but I was informed by Optus Shop Northland that this will not be necessary and that it would just be a matter of starting a new contract. I explicitly asked on more than one occasion whether there were any charges with upgrading the phone. I was assured there were none.

Fancy my surprise when my new bill arrived in the mail with a $103 'cancellation fee' attached to it. Hey, if I had known it was going to cost me $103 I would've just waited 3 months and got my new phone then.

I rang The Optus billing number who said that I should go to the store to sort this matter out.

So, I went to the store and they assured me that the problem will be rectified and that I will credited on my next bill.

No problem, I'll just pay the cap component of the bill.

And that would be the logical thing to do until the credit came through right?

Hmmmm, not likely, my next bill was again stating that I was owing $103!

So I rang Optus Billing again, who were about as helpful as a sack full of garbage. She told me to go the shop, who I called, but they said it was a billing issue now.

I ended up going back to shop in person. The staff there got in touch with the state manager, who said that I had to pay the entire bill BEFORE i got credited. So I found myself in the ridiculous position of having to pay you in order to get credited.

Huh? Yeah, I thought so too.

Having found out that I had to rustle up these funds at short notice, I called billing AGAIN to inform you that I would pay on the 13/6/08, which I did via B-Pay.

Yes, I paid the entire fricken lot because you can't take the time to type a few commands into your computer system. Hey, I'll get three months credited right?

But wait, my phone has now been disconnected!

Fix this or I'm going to the Ombudsman tomorrow. I shouldn't be disadvantaged for YOUR MISTAKES. Maybe I should bill YOU for my time to sort this mess out? What about the petrol it cost me to go to the store??

_________________________________________________________________________________

....and hey presto, today my phone is now able to 'magically' make calls. Sometimes a little gentle persuasion...and mention of the ombudsman, goes a long way.

0 comments: