Friday, September 19, 2008

To the Mutha-land

For those of you interested, Miss R and I are jetting off to the UK on Saturday night for three weeks. I can't wait. I was last over there in 2003 as you may know, and the term' working holiday' is an absolute fallacy. I worked back then, it was no holiday that's for sure. Yes, I managed to take a few trips over to the continent, but in truth it was never enough times and I was always struggling to make ends meet.

This time however, things are a little different. After saving our collective bums off for the past 8 months, Miss R and I can finally enjoy the fruits of our labour. Our hermit lifestyle will be finally put to rest for a while.

So, we'll make our way to London and stay with super sis, which is fan-bloody-tastic that's for sure, but the real treat is going down to Brighton to see my super grandma. She's 97 (I think!) and still going strong. If she doesn't crack the ton I'll be very surprised. I would also like to point out that my English side of the family are tremendously long lived, at that rate I'd only be 30% way through my life span.

I do like London, great place to visit, but in truth, I could never live there. Too many people living too close together. If I could live in the UK it would be down at Brighton. I've always loved it down there, alot less manic, and yet still uber-hip. Nick Cave and Fatboy Slim live down there....but then so does Jordan, so they kinda cancel each other out I guess.

0 comments: