Sunday, November 4, 2007

Someone turned the heating down.....

This weekend we are staying down in the country. It's great, really it is, although I don't think I could permanently do it. Thing is where we are staying is a mere 50km from the most southerly point on the Australian mainland. The views are spectacular. On the down side we just received the highest amount of rain in a 24 hour period since 2003. When I mean rain, I'm talking heavy, incessant rain that just kept going and going. This I wouldn't mind so much as we've been in drought for 10 years or so and every little bit helps, however, when you've got two dogs who sit at the back window and whinge and whine that they can't go outside, that makes it a little less enthralling. The temp didn't get above 10 degrees and it's nearly summer! The other bad thing is that the wood pile to keep the heater going was sadly depleted, so I have had to go all manly and start swinging the wood splitter around. I think much to Miss R's disappointment there was no shirt off action going on either, not in this weather anyway.

0 comments: