Sunday, November 18, 2007

Summer is for sadists

As I have mentioned previously, I am not a fan of summer. Today proved my point. I stood outside, supervising trucks being loaded with contaminated soil. Normally I wouldn't mind doing something like this, however, today's temp got to 37C. Pretty horrible I have to say and I'm fricken exhausted as a result. So what kind of story did they run on tonight's news? Oh, how wonderful it was to be down at the beach and some absolute genius saying "Oh the beach is much cooler than sitting at home in the heat." Now, I used to live in Perth. Some of Australia's best beaches are in Perth, even though I'm not a beachy person. However, if someone told me that it was cooler down at the beach than sitting at home I would've seriously questioned their intelligence. Come on, I think I once saw the sand literally turn to glass one day it was so freekin hot. No, I am quite happy sitting at home on the couch in the air conditioning watching telly on days like this.

The other funny thing is that the weather has just suddenly furnaced up. All last week the temp was a lovely 20C-24C. Very nice. But like it just goes bugger it and cranks it up to 37C! No in between, no nice get yourselves used to the heat gradual temp rise. When it gets this hot it reminds of how hot it can get which is something you forget over the winter.

0 comments: