Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Hooray, I finally figured out what was wrong with the blog template uploading, so now I have my old 3 column one back which, unless you have a widescreen 17" monitor like I have, probably looks quite crap, which probably means you should start thinking about upgrading from that 15" CRT monitor ha ha.

I'm not sure if I have pointed this out yet but Miss R is a vegetarian. She has been one for 8 years or so now. She still eats eggs and dairy, so she is far from a strict vegan, with the exception of not wearing leather. Anyway, prior to Miss R my diet would consist primarily of a pot full of Chicken Tikka Masala that I would cook up on Monday night and would see me through to Friday. Easy, and fricken cheap. However, obviously this has been modified a little and my vegetarian dish repetoire has expanded greatly. It's no big deal, but from my experience vegetarian dishes take three times as long to cook as simply frying a steak and chucking some vegies on the side. So now I find myself familiar with lentil and chickpea soaking, non rennet cheeses and gelatine free ice creams. Not that i mind terribly much. Miss R insists that i eat meat when i want it.

Which brings me onto a group of people I like to call the neo-hippies. I call them neo-hippies as they are a group of people evolved from the original hippy. Most of the time they're female, they're vegetarians, they study arts, ride shitty bikes and wear big blue crocheted beanies to hide the hair they haven't cut, or washed, in 5 years, and can somehow afford rents in the inner city suburbs. All together they're harmless, but they are starting to shit me somewhat in the fact that they ride their shitty bikes at 2kph and block up the bike lanes. I'm not a bike nazi, not like some Lance Armstrong wannabees, but come on, put a bit of effort into those pedals girls, honestly.

0 comments: