Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Wouldn't you know it, school holidays have finished and with it has come a vast increase in the volume of traffic on the roads during rush hour. I say this because I had to drive to work today as I had to use my car for a job. I categorically hate driving to work, and back home again. However, all this would be solved if bloody Vic Roads managed to synchronise their traffic light sequencing. Take for example St George's Road. It's a duel carriageway road with a tramline running up the middle of it. Quite a major road I'm sure you would agree. However, there are countless intersections along this way and every time one traffic light goes green the next one goes red. And this repeats itself along most of its length. Why can't some genius at Vic Roads sequence the lights so when one goes green, the next light goes green a minute or so AFTER the light before? How hard can it be?? Honestly, there's no good reason for it. And to make matters worse, the roads that cross over are piddly little neighborhood roads and ALL of St George's Road has to come for a stop for one piss ant car. Just stupid.

0 comments: