Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Best and Worst TV 2007

Well, it seems like every newspaper and magazine has got their best and worst 2007 lists coming out, so I thought I would do my own best and worst of TV for this year. I love TV, I'm not ashamed to admit it. Big deal.

Worst 5:
1. Search for the Next Pussycat Doll: Miss R secretly punished me for what, I'm not entirely sure, and had me sit through an episode of this. The following week I availed myself to the spare room and decided that clipping my toe nails was more enjoyable.

2. Today Tonight/ACA: Like a car crash, one can never get enough human misery. I am always on the look out now for dodgy lebanese mechanics selling obese kids drugs outside of school. Quality.

3. Neighbors: Too many characters, too many plots intertwined with confusing, and lets face it, totally unrealistic sub plots. From what I can gather now, all 30 characters live in three houses.

4. The Vault: If it didn't have a lottery permit it would be a total scam. They make up a question and an answer and then rig it so it takes 60 minutes for someone to get it right. One also has to question the intellect of people who are watching TV at that hour and are watching this crap to boot.

5. AFL Grand Final: For all the satisfaction of seeing Port Adelaide get thumped, it just didn't live up to hype and now I can never get those 3 hours of life back.

Dishonourable mentions to: America's Next Top Model, Australia's Next Top Model, Australian Idol

Best 5.
1. Top Gear. Without doubt the beacon of light that SBS have so kindly brought this outstanding TV show to Australian shores to educate the masses on how TV should be made. Honest, well filmed, funny.

2. Thank God You're Here: Total rip off from the Drew Carey hosted Whose Line Is It Anyway, it doesn't matter. It's great to see theatre sports on TV. How funny was it huh?

3. Big Brother: Everyone else thought it was boring. I didn't. I secretly got home and flicked on channel 10 every night, watched Friday night Live and everything. I got sucked in. Big deal.

4. Mythbusters: Again, SBS did a great job to bring this to our shores. I don't care that they're repeats, you just want to see that cement truck full of C4 explosive get detonated one more time. I'm such a boy.

5. Californication: There is nothing so satisying than shocking the moral majority, and my bet is CHannel 10's switchboard lit up like a preverbial christmas tree when this show went to air. The acting and storylines are top notch. The portrayal of a man's decent into the moral abyss couldn't be more realistic. It's just the most honest account of everyday life out there. Well, I think so anyway.

There are far too many shows to mention, so here is a list: Chasers War on Everything, Red Bull Air Race, House, Biggest Loser, can't think of anymore, but no doubt I will edit this in the near future.

0 comments: