Sunday, December 9, 2007

Of sisters and Zen.

I am very very excited because my dear sister is coming over from London this week. Unfortunately I have to work right up until the 21st or whatever it is, but I'm hoping I can spend a bit of time with her while she's here. Miss R and I had pencilled in the 8th December as our wedding day, and it came and went and the weather was just beautiful. Luckily though my sis didn't cancel her flight and chose to come over anyway. I'm glad of that at least, and I know she is too.

There is something many of you out there might not have expected me to do. I have completed a Landmark Forum. My guess is that many people think it's a cult or a money spinning operation in bullshit, and to an extent, I can see how people can come to that conclusion. I know there were a few moments when I did, but then you kinda think well, they are a business, like any other business, and they need to survive just like the 7/11 on the corner with their ridiculous 50% mark-up on bog rolls. If they needed more business than what they get then they could quite easily book a spot on "Mornings With Kerri-Anne" or whatever and get queues of people pouring in.

Anyway, what did it do for me? Well, other than combatting 3 days of sleep deprivation because you can't sleep, it was actually very enlightening. Very zen if you will. I won't beat around the bush, it can get very confronting, especially when people get up and speak about their pasts and you sit there and think "shit, actually, my life aint so bad" and you have to confront certain people in your life. I confronted alot of stuff about my schooling and how terrible it was for me as a little boy like I was. But what happened has happened, and all one can do is move on from that and not let it effect your future.

0 comments: