Monday, December 10, 2007

Guns and god.

I'm sitting here watching the news and there has been two shootings in America, both at churches. The story has gone on to say that at one of the places, the shooter was taken down by a church security guard.

Okay, does anyone see anything wrong with this picture yet?? Firstly, I was under the impression that the American churchy nutbags believed in peace and love and the whole 'what would jesus do' thing. Personally, I don't have any issue with Jesus, but for some reason I don't think he would be the kind of person to pull out an AK-47 and start mowing his disciples down.

Secondly, you have to really question why a church needs a security guard, yet alone an armed security guard. Are these people living in fear? I thought religion was meant to free you from fear...the whole "Though I may walk through the valley of death.." all that kind of thing. Are people not happy with Jesus now? Are their prayers not getting answered? Are they now wanting to get back at their fellow parishioners? Hate to break it to you people, but Jesus is not going to stop a 7.62mm bullet, only a kevlar vest can do that.

Yes, I am judging these people, and their closed mindedness can sometimes just stagger belief, but anyway, if they're happy, well, I can't argue with that.

0 comments: