Monday, December 10, 2007

Jimi Hendrix


My first ever post I mentioned as to why I labelled this blog stone free. One of the reasons was because I am a big fan of Jimi Hendrix. Yes, even in this day and age, 37 years after he died, how good is his music?? Seriously, just listen to it. It's kinda funny in a way, like when I was in high school, and I'm sure many of my friends would attest, I was listening to Jimi on my old Sony walkman (I still have the original cassette!) where everyone else was listening to Metallica and Guns 'n Roses. Nothing wrong with Metallica and GnR either, fricken awesome stuff. But for some reason, Jimi has been with me throughout time. The imagary of his lyrics and the way he just made the guitar sound cannot be emulated. And so it goes that there is a big budget bio-pic being penned about his life. I'm stoked that finally this is going to happen. From what I can gather this has taken some time to occur due to legal stuff that seem far too complex to even scrape the surface on. A couple of big names have been touted to play the man himself, but if it were up to me it would be Andre 3000. He looks like Jimi and can even play the axe as well. I have heard that Lenny Kravitz has been banded around, but I think Lenny is getting a bit old now, I mean Jimi died when he was 27, not 42 (or whatever age Lenny is now). Mind you, I saw Lenny in concert and it was probably the closest thing I would get to seeing Jimi live.....without all the guitar burning business going on.

0 comments: