Thursday, January 10, 2008

Can someone turn the heating down???

Seriously, I'm fully over the whole summer malarky right now. It was 41C yesterday and again not shy of that today. To cap it off our air conditioner is unlikely to be replaced in the very near future. On the plus side however, we can claim the air-con on insurance as it is part of the building, so I guess I can suffer through another few days like this in order to save $1000 on a new unit.

Both Miss R and I are back into the daily grind of work now. Like I have mentioned before, my job is actually pretty good (except for this week doing field work in 40C...not pleasant at all) but poor Miss R is having a hard time of it. I shant speak on her behalf at all, but from my perspective I really want her to get a new job..actually, even if it's the same job for another company...whatever...from what I can see it's just not healthy for her AND she's getting paid fricken peanuts.

Anyway, back to work again after 2 weeks holiday. And those 2 weeks just flew by, I don't know where it went! When I was a teacher, I had 6 weeks holiday over summer. After 6 weeks break I got bored. I had run out of money and all I could do was sit around and watch the cricket. Going back to work was almost a relief! But anyway, such is the price one pays for moving into the private sector I guess.

0 comments: