Wednesday, January 16, 2008

How Time Moves on....

I taught a class of grade 6s in 2001 and, I'm sorry to say it, they were definitely my favourite class that I ever taught. They were all so switched on and eager to learn. It just so happened that this same group of kids were to be found in this week's first round university offers in the newspaper. So I looked up the ones I could remember and it came to no surprise to me that a good number of them got into high end courses such as Melbourne Uni Arts/Commerce, or Monash Medicine. I got this warm fuzzy feeling like that of a proud parent. Unfortunately I could only find one who got into a science course, which obviously goes to show what minimal impact I actually had on their education. But one is better than none.

Anyway, good on them, all of them, I wish them well.

It's hard to believe that those 12 year old kids are now 18 and are about to venture into the world of tertiary education.

0 comments: