Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Plaza Time....

So yesterday, I ventured to the famous Northcote Plaza for the for time in quite some time. Oh how I wish it was closer to where I live otherwise I would go there ALL the time and hang out with the old Italian men at the dodgy coffee shop.

The logic of people parking at the plaza staggers belief. (For those of you unfamiliar with the plaza I should direct you to the Plaza Wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northcote_Shopping_Plaza.) EVERYONE wants to park up near the Blockbuster, thereby blocking traffic flow to the rest of the car park...which is quite empty most of the time. Why can't you people walk the extra 2 minutes??

And so I ventured into Coles to buy three items. I shall repeat that again THREE items. I have noticed lately that it doesn't matter which Coles it is you go to, there is no such thing as nipping in and out. So, I head to the Express checkout. The Express checkout states quite clearly that it means 12 items or less, but this is rarely adhered to and yesterday was no exception. Some absolute genius decided that his two shopping baskets packed to overflowing constituted to having less than 12 items. I mean, are people really that stupid?? He proceeded to load up the conveyor belt and as he went I counted said items. In total, 36. Yes, 36 items, a bit more than 12 wouldn't you say?? 300% more in fact. Didn't faze him, meanwhile the queue was building as the checkout operator struggled packing his green canvas bag in front of us. Mate, seriously, you either can't read or are in fact that arrogant that you just don't notice the people behind you with LESS THAN 12 ITEMS. I dunno, some people.

I really gotta get over this huh?

0 comments: