Sunday, September 23, 2007

Football.


It is getting to the crunch time of year when the AFL finals hit. I'm not usually a big footy fan, my team, Carlton, has languished at the bottom of the ladder pretty much for the past 5 seasons. We're a joke and don't even get a mention in the Monday newspapers.

This past weekend saw four teams battle it out for a place in this years grand final. I would've desperately liked to have seen two Melbourne clubs get in, but those ugly arrogant sad sacks from Port Adelaide got in against Geelong. At least one VIc club is in I guess. It will be even better if the cats absolutely trounce port and send them back with their tails between their legs.

One other thing annoys me however. On Saturday night, a Kangaroos player by the name of Glenn Archer retired. The Herald-Sun ran a full back page picture of him saying goodbye. Oh boo hoo. The guy was a thug and football is better off without him.

0 comments: