Sunday, September 9, 2007

We live in the Melbourne suburb of Reservoir. It's not the flashest area of Melbourne I have to admit, but it's not the scummiest either. I was thinking today how funny it is that I have moved out here. I used to go to University not far from here and lived on campus and in all honesty it was a fricken blast. We used to go shopping at the local shopping centre called Northland, and now, 12 years later, I find myself doing that exact same thing. 12 years is a long time when you think about it but it doesn't seem all that long ago. Where did that 12 years go I wonder? Imagine not being able to remember anything? That's the question Miss R and I were asking ourselves last night when we were watching a movie called "Unknown White Male" about a guy who suddenly developed amnesia. It made me feel much more conscious of my existence and it was rather overwhelming I must say. Does your past shape your present? The guy in the movie was essentially a nice guy before the event and after the event - he didn't suddenly become a raving lunatic or psychopath. So I think that level of personality is innate within us, like in our hard wiring. It's fascinating stuff the brain.

0 comments: