Monday, September 3, 2007

Squeemish

For some reason, Miss R insists on me diagnosing her various pains and illnesses in the belief that I am a sage in all things medical. I'm not a doctor, but then I'm no dummy and I know that your stomach actually wraps around your heart and lies up in your rib cage and not in your 'tummy'. Last night for instance I had to perform some emergency surgery on her big toe that had become infected and I somehow managed to extract a piece of black guk. No problem, maybe I should turn my hand at brain surgery? However, after this, we went to visit a friend in hospital who had just had a baby. Problem is during our visit the poor baby had to have his testicles massaged as they weren't decended properly, and while this was going on the nurse was explaining all this to us. Nup, that was it for me, my head was going light and I could feel a fainting spell about to hit. It's amazing what effect simple words can have on a person. I think I could stomach seeing someone whose arm has been sawn off, but sitting and listening to someone explain; 1.The process by which an epidural is administered; and 2.Why a testicle doesn't decend properly, doesn't do much for my state of consciousness.

0 comments: