Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Zombie driving.....


This may happen to you, it may not, but sometimes, when you are driving somewhere you go every day, such as work, have you noticed that sometimes you completely zone out and realise that you don't know where that last 5km went or that last 10 minutes? Now fair enough, driving auto pilot style is common place I reckon. However, I have noticed lately I am doing the same thing on my bicycle. Particularly riding along St George's Road which is straight and flat and only interrupted by a few traffic lights. Not a great attitude to have, especially since I saw a guy get hit by a car which was negotiating one of the many vehicle cross overs. He was okay, probably zoned out and to be honest, I don't know how you can get hit if you are alert and watching the road properly.


And, such it was to have an eventful ride home that I saw not only 1, but 2 people walking their respective whippets! They were all different as you would expect and I stopped at each to have a pat and talk to their owners.

0 comments: