Sunday, September 30, 2007

If I was still a teacher I would be on holidays right now, but since I'm not, then I'm at work. This doesn't bother so much as my job now is far less stressful and hectic, so the need for 12 weeks holiday a year is unwarranted in my opnion. However, yesterday, while I was playing pool and having a couple of beers in bar, watching the rain fall outside, I thought man, wouldn't it be nice to be on holidays right now. In all honesty, that is the only thing I really miss about teaching right now. I don't miss much else sadly enough.

The other thing I was thinking last night is regarding how men are portrayed in advertisements these days. All too often we are portrayed as being bumbling idiots who don't know which brand of tampon to buy or which washing powder to use. And lo, the women in these same ads are portrayed as all knowing sages of the world. Oh big deal, at least we have a go you know? Don't see too many ads where you see woman trying to start a lawn mower, or going to Bunnings to buy a dozen 1/8" 125mm bolts.

I should mention here that the AFL Grandfinal was played on Saturday. It wasn't that good a game to be honest, Geelong ended up winning by almost 20 goals. But, I am just glad that the team they beat were from Adelaide. You cop so much grief in Adelaide if you say you're from Victoria. What sort of small minded attitude is that? I was walking down Smith St yesterday and saw a great many Port Adelaide supporters here enjoying the factory outlet shops, and you know what? I bet none of them copped any flak from anyone.

0 comments: