Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Australian Idol.....

When I lived in the UK back in 2003, i watched this show called "Stars in Their Eyes - Kids" and this 16 year old girl got up on stage and blew me away with a rendition of Kate Bush's Wuthering Heights. Kate Bush herself wrote and recorded this song when she was 18 and I am yet to see or hear an 18 year old even come close to emulating this talent.

Updated film clip here

Definitely not as raw as the original one she did in the red dress.

However, I have always maintained that if someone on Australian Idol has a go at this song (and lets face it, likely fail) I'll probably pick up the phone and given them a vote. I'm sick of them all wanting to be like Christina Agulira as Kate Bush is another step above that American trash. Did you know that Kate Bush was the first to use a head microphone on stage specifically so she could perform Wuthering Heights live? So there you go!

0 comments: