Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Show me the money!

I got a pay rise today, a whopping 10% which is amazing. I should point out that for the past 7 years I was a Primary School teacher. I did enjoy it for a while and it was great to be able to work in the city, 5 days a week, especially after working in the mines. I guess though I started to realise that all my friends were on big pay packets, doing jobs that, let's face it, were a darn sight less stressful. And I'm very very lucky to have been handed this role as an Environmental Scientist now. I can't say yet that I am good at my job, or confident with eveything, but my boss seems to think so, so that's something. Anyway, the extra little bit will hopefully ease a bit of the financial strain on Miss R and I at the moment.
So, the weekend is nearly here. Good bless it. I don't like waking up in the middle of winter when it is dark outside. It's just not right.

0 comments: