Thursday, August 23, 2007

More about cars....



Today, I drove Miss R's car into work. Her car is a Peugeot too; a 205gti, which is regarded by many as the car that defined the genre of hot hathes. To tell you the truth, it's a fricken riot to drive as its steering and responsiveness is second to none. The one area it does fall down is the engine. She's done 225,000kms now, and is tired and lacks any real grunt further up the rev range unlike the gti6 which pulls all the way to red line. What I don't understand is that everyone says that the gti6 has comparable handling to the 205gti, but I find that the gti6 understeers terribly where the 205gti sticks like glue. Maybe it's the tires or the suspension set up, i dunno. Anyway, both cars are great cars, I won't deny that, but I guess in the future we'll be looking at replacing the 205gti with something else. I really like the look the look of the Ford Fiesta ST, the Honda Civic Type R or the new Renault ClioIII. All are cracking cars I think.

0 comments: