Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Laziness.....

For the last two days I have driven to work. I love riding my bike, love it to bits, but you know what? It's like minus 10 outside and riding in the morning cold and the dark of evening just doesn't do it for me right now. It's only 3 days until Winter Solstice, so the days will start to get longer again. I used to love the depths of winter and didn't much look forward to it ending. Now, for some reason, my attitude is changing. I'm NOT a summer person. Screw that. I do not miss 40 degree in the shade kind of days. They just sap every ounce of being out of you. You end up not sleeping 'cos it's too hot, then you can't stay awake in the day 'cos you couldn't sleep the night before. What a hideous existence. No wonder the Caucasian race came from the Caucas mountains in Siberia.
Anyway, I also haven't riden these last couple of days because Saturday night was our guitarists Dave's 30th birthday. We had dinner at a local pub then went to an Ice bar in the city. Now, you may be thinking "WOW how different!?" and yes it was. But let me point out that these ice bars probably work in places like Sweden and NOrway because the whole fricken country is frozen solid. But this ice bar was just in a shipping container with 20 refrigeration units attached to it. And was it cold. I remember standing in line to get into a nightclub in Toronto in the middle of winter and it was like minus 20 and all I had on was a t-shirt and jeans and the sicko bouncers kept us waiting outside to see who would collapse of hypothermia and leave in an ambulance. For some reason, this was twice as cold. I had on two pairs of gloves and my fingers still hurt. Afterwards we went to another bar, but left soon after as I wasn't in the mood to wait 30minutes to go to the toilet, then another 30 to get another beer. Miss R and I went around to some friend's of hers who were staying in a hotel and we ended up staying there until 8am Sunday. Needless to say I spent all of Sunday in and out of bed, trying to sleep, but quite obviously to no avail, hence my lack of motivation to get on the bike these past couple of days.

0 comments: