Tuesday, August 14, 2007

outdoors

Years ago when I worked in the mines I would spend days and days outside in the worst most hottest weather one could possibly bear, logging drill chips as they come out of the ground and doing otehr things. For the last 4 days I have been doing practically the same thing, which took me back, but my god I was bored. Basically, I was in charge of a drill rig as we drilled 9 holes of about 15 metres each. And it was SLOW and BORING and I really didn't do all that much. Plus it was windy and my lips have become dry and flaky like a leper. Joy. So finally, we finished today. I'm pretty much over it right now, happy to be in the office for a few days I think.
Miss R has been up in Sydney all week, so I've had the place to myself with Cleo. I don't think the dog likes me all that much as I gave her a bath on Monday night and she freaked out. However, I've been taking her to the park off the leash just about every night and she's been playing with other dogs too which is great. Although yesterday she decided to play chasey (as she does) and ran out the gate and was gone before I could even call her name. By god she's fast. You don't appreciate how fast a whippet is until you compare her speed with other dogs which she leaves for dead. Hilarious.

0 comments: