Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Our local Vet

Well, it had to happen sooner or later, Cleo wasn't exactly full of pep these last couple of days and has been coughing when she has been eating so Miss R and I immediate thought was that she had a bone splinter in her throat. So, we trundled the poor girl up to our local vet. It's the first time I have ever been in a vet surgery. When I was a kid, mum and dad used to take our cats to the vet, but I'd always wait in the waiting room. Hats off to Cleo though, she was calm and very very good with the vet which surprised us quite a bit. Apparently she has swollen tonsils, which is not at all good, however, at least it isn't a bone splinter. I stayed home with her yesterday and we went on three walks around the neighborhood. She even managed to break into a full stride but I couldn't keep up. It was funny, She broke into a gallop and I could keep up no problems and she was probably running about as fast as a normal dog. However, she suddenly shifted up a gear and nearly reefed my arm out of my socket, such was her speed. Can't wait to see her run at full throttle.

0 comments: