Tuesday, August 14, 2007

FundaMENTALISTS

I watched the Dr Richard Dawkins documentary about religion and atheism overthe past couple of weeks and it really is scary those christian fundamentalists who believe that the world was created in 6 days and is only 5000 years old They base this belief in the ramblings of superstition, from a world that didn't know the earth was round. It steadfastly reinforced my view that religion is evil and is a form of mind control. I mean, why should I be told how to worship my god? I remember when I was about 8 and going to weekly church with my parents and I asked "If there was a god and Adam and Eve, where does the Big Bang and dinoaurs fit into all this?" Mum and dad couldn't answer my question, except to say that maybe God did it. Hence my early beginnings as a scientist were born. Yes, I went to church every week and even went to a Catholic High School. If anything it completely put me off religion. I do believe there is a god, or something, whatever it is, but it's not an evil or jealous god.
All these people who die for their religion.....I mean really, are they sitting up there happy? They're probably thinking, "Well, that really wasn't worth it was it? Why did I sacrifice the joys of life at the time??" I'm sitting here enjoying a block of chocolate, bet you can't do THAT in the afterlife. Catholics vs Protestant, Jews against Muslims, my imaginary friend is better than your imaginary friend. I mean for fucks sake, grow up and get along.
Snoochie Boochies

0 comments: