Sunday, August 19, 2007

bikes and dogs!

When I ride my bike, to and from work each day, it never ceases to amaze me how some cyclists are still alive. Honestly, every day I see at least one or two run red lights, nearly get hit by cars at roundabouts because hey, you gotta give way to the right dickhead, and generally think that they own the road. Me? Well, cars are bigger and it doesn't matter if they are in the wrong or not, a cyclist is gonna come off second best. It's a pity that some don't have this mentality. Then there are other who think that the commute is a stage of the tour de france. I hate these guys. The best way to get up their goat is to keep up with them when they fly past. I don't know why I hate them, probably because of their arrogance. I can keep up with them for the most part, but after a few minutes I back off.

We're thinking of getting another dog. Probably not for a few months, but probably a rescue grey hound. Such beautiful dogs and honestly, I think Cleo needs a bit of competition because there are no other dogs in the park that can keep up with her, and she loves playing chasey. You can see it quite clearly that she eases off so other dogs can keep up with her. Can't wait to see her on the track though. Hopefully we'll get her on one soon.

0 comments: